Monday, August 17, 2009

Fall Quilt Forecast and Badge WIPs

American Patchwork & Quilting Oct 2009 issue and my badge design sew out.
I've been busy working on a variety of things, just haven't taken the time to upgrade this blog for awhile. One of the things I was doing was working on digitizing a design for a badge and test sewing it. Here's a quick peek at what I've been up to. The design will be sewn out as this badge with the shield shape. I was working on this quite some time ago for an on-line project I was involved in. I want to get it finalized and the samples sewn out. This Work In Progress (WIP) has been 'in progress' for quite a while. It will be nice to get it completed and sent on its way.

Badge design I digitized and test sewing now.I'll get better close-up .jpg image of the badge sometime for more clarity of the image. Meanwhile here's a .jpg of the design image file from my 4D Profession digitizing software program. The wings are a machine applique so it appears in this image as just an outline satin stitch. There are a few more tweaks I want to do on the file before I call it done and sew out the rest of the badges I need.

The magazine is the latest edition of a quilting magazine I subscribe to. I would like to take more time to sit down to peruse the magazine, but again I've been busy with lots of stuff. The front cover of this American Patchwork & Quilting magazine shows a quilt I'd like to make for this fall. Here again I haven't had time to work on all the projects I would like to do, but the cover quilt would be perfect to use up some of my scraps I cut up into strips. The leaves are just right for fall, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and ideas. (Obnoxious or hurtful posts and spam will be deleted)